Saturday, January 21, 2017

Relationship Reflection









Relationships are Important




People I love and share a positive relationship with.  



Relationship is important to me Because it is the way we build and learn about 

others.  I have many people that are important to me and each relationship is 

different.  My children and I share a different kind of relationship.  My husband and I 

have a very unique relationship.  My parents and students, we share a different kind 

of relationship also.  Over all all of my relationships are positive and comes from the 

heart.  

I think partnership comes with the relationship I share wit my friends and co workers, 

Having a great relationship also helps me learn from others and learn about others. I 

can relate to this and think it is so accurate.  Your relationships with your fellow 

teachers are likely to last far longer than any of your relationships with students. 

Even though we spend the majority of our time, care, and attention on fostering 

positive relationships with the students we see every day, it’s just as important that 

we spend time relationship building with our co workers

Our co workers are our teammates, our partners, our collaborators, our biggest pains 

and our biggest allies, working hard each day in their classrooms just like us. 

Positive relationship building with these folks can make a world of difference when it 

comes to improving our own practice and making our school a better, more effective 

environment for our students, But often we take these relationships for granted. We 

focus on our students, ignore others around us, and even allow negative perceptions 

to infiltrate our way of thinking about others. But teaching can feel isolated enough 

as it is – we don’t need to ostracize ourselves from those who are most likely to be 

our biggest supporters and friends.Positive parent-school communications benefit 

parents. The manner in which schools communicate and interact with parents affects 

the extent and quality of parents' home involvement with their children's learning. For 

example, schools that communicate bad news about student performance more often 

than recognizing students' excellence will discourage parent involvement by making 

parents feel they cannot effectively help their children.

1 comment:

  1. I hope people can see my blog this is new to me and I am just learning how to use it.

    ReplyDelete