Saturday, February 4, 2017

My Connection to play

Quotes
“Play is the work of the child.” – Maria Montessori
“Play is the highest form of research.” – Albert Einstein


When I was a child I enjoyed play time in preschool.  I remember the teacher always 

allowing me to play in whatever area I wanted to play in, it was the best part of my 

day because I got to explore all the toys and I enjoyed playing with my friends. 

Children use their bodies and voices to imitate or reproduce the actions and sounds around 

them  a puppy crawling on all fours, laundry flapping in the wind, the whistle of a train, or a 

baby crying. You can support this type of pretend play by in turn imitating what the children do. 

For example, if a child “meows” and pretends to lap milk from a bowl on the floor, you can 

“meow,” get down beside them and make lapping sounds and motions too. This type of support 

allows the child to decide for themselves and enhance their thinking skills and this is imperative 

in young children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment